Tottenham confirms £15m signing of Fernando Llorente from Swansea

TOTTENHAM confirmed the Spaniard’s arrival just minutes before the summer transfer window slammed shut on Thursday.
The 32-year-old has penned a two-year contract with Mauricio Pochettino’s side after passing a medical this morning.
The Spanish striker Fernando Llorente completed his move to Spurs on deadline day
Llorente has been a long-term target of Blues boss Antonio Conte but he has been pipped at the post again by the London rivals.

Llorente said: “I like Mauricio Pochettino and his mentality. The philosophy of the club is amazing.

“I am excited to come here. I am 32 years of age but I believe I can learn a lot of things off Harry.

“I am going to do my best and I think I can do more things in my career with Tottenham. My dream here is being here with Tottenham.


“I played for Athletic Bilbao at White Hart Lane in a friendly in 2011 and that made me want to come to Premier League.
“It’s a very good time to come to Tottenham. We have a good opportunity to win titles.”

As we told you yesterday, Poch was looking for support for Harry Kane, with Llorente being under strong consideration.

Chelsea were in pole position to land the former Athletic Bilbao striker but now, much like in the case with Romelu Lukaku, look set to lose out on one of their main targets.

Kane will lead the line for Poch this season but Llorente will now be able to take some of the strain off the England star.

Llorente is recovering from a broken arm suffered on his summer holidays but is back training and impressed last season with 15 Prem goals in his opening campaign.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog