Sergio Ramos confirms he’s staying at Real Madrid despite China offer

SERGIO RAMOS has confirmed he will stay at Real Madrid next season.

The Spaniard, 33, had been linked with a move to China but called a press conference to reveal his future plans.
Bernabeu skipper Ramos said: "It is true that I have an offer from China on the table, I will not lie about it.

"The wage does not matter to me. I would play for Real Madrid for free.

"We have not talked about the economic issue. For me the relationship with a club is always about trust and an affection."




Real struggled last season and Ramos insists he is determined to set things straight before he considers quitting.
He added: "I am Madridista. I want to retire here. If I ever leave here, it will be when I'm winning.
"The best decision has always been to talk face to face and resolve any issues.
"I have never had an issue with the president (Florentino Perez). Our relationship is like a father and son."

Ramos hinted there had been frank discussions about the last campaign but that the issues had been dealt with.
He said: "I am the captain of Real Madrid and I feel very loved and supported by my team-mates.
"There were things that caused me certain doubts and things that hurt me. But when you speak face to face to resolve this its the best thing.
"Any doubts between me and the club were spoken about and resolved in one afternoon. We do not want to live in the past now."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog