"I want to win a lot as well with Madrid"- Hazard said as Real Madrid Unveils him (PHOTOS)

Leaving Chelsea after seven years in West London, the player has described how a meeting with Real president Florentino Perez egged on his big money switch.
Speaking at his unveiling on Thursday, Hazard stated: "It is true that everything began last year, after the World Cup.



"But I stayed one more year at Chelsea. I think things went very well personally, and also with the team, winning the Europa League.
"This is the perfect time to join Real Madrid.
"I have met with the president just once, in London, at an event.
"He told me it was time to come to Real Madrid. I was very happy when he said that."

The Belgian brought his entire family to the Spanish capital for the presentation, including fellow professionals and ex-Blues Thorgan and Kylian Hazard.
And he spoke of how the days they spent playing football together in their family home set Hazard on the path to the Bernabeu.



"A kid playing football in the garden with my brothers was when I began to be a Real Madrid fan," he noted.
"Then I went to France, then to England, but being a Real player, wearing this shirt, is an honour. I can’t wait for the season to start.
"I believe everyone knows that Zidane was my idol since I was a kid.
"That he is now Real Madrid coach was an important factor, but not just that. I already wanted to play here."

Chelsea sold Hazard after his farewell performance won the club a second Europa League title.
Now with the team who have won three of the last four Champions League crowns, he is confident the move is a step up.

Hazard said: “I will try to be [part of] the best team in the world, not just best player.
"It is a different level.
"I had a lot of success with Chelsea, I want to win a lot as well with Madrid. Just to be here is a new challenge, but I am ready for that.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog